Tobin students are offered a variety of commuity service opportunities as part of their learning experience.
During the 2014-15 school year, Tobin students and families participated in the following community service efforts:
- 9th Annual Tobin Family Volunteer Fair: Held in November, we organized a Saturday full of family-friendly community service projects supporting a wide range of organizations and populations.
- Natick Service Council’s Holiday Gift Drive: For the third year in a row, we joined in this effort, providing gifts for 12 children in need in our community.
- Food and Toiletry Drive for the Natick Service Council: Our families donated a dozen boxes of goods to their food pantry to help others.
- SPARK Kindness: Our school participated in the Share Your SPARK campaign for early childhood and elementary students in Natick. The amazing “Share Your SPARK Kindness Garden” book created by our students will serve as a wonderful reminder of all the ways we can show kindness to others, to the earth, and to ourselves.
- Family Promise Walk Away Homelessness event: As sponsors and participants, we had a team of walkers at this year’s event, and we invited children to participate in their “Houses for Change” program, collecting funds to support families in need.