Teacher Training: Nurtured Heart Approach
All of our Tobin School Westwood teachers participated in a special training, Sam Healy’s Nurtured Heart Approach.
The concept of the approach is to emphasize the child’s positive behavior and strengths, giving very little energy to negative behaviors and problems, children begin to respond to the consistency and their natural desire to connect and be successful.
Here’s a recap of the core strategies:
1. Refuse to Energize Negativity
2. Relentlessly Energize Positive Behaviors
3. Absolute Clarity
Here are the core concepts:
1. Relationship is the reward
2. We can choose what we give relationship to
3. Video game principles’ to engage and level up