Mission & Philosophy
The Tobin School Westwood nurtures and challenges the whole child to reach his/her maximum potential.
At the Tobin School Westwood, we are committed to developing happy, engaged and intellectually curious children.
We believe in:
- Fostering children’s academic, emotional, social and physical development to help them thrive.
- Collaboration between parents and teachers as a key component in the learning process.
- Creating a culture committed to community service, leadership, and character development to increase children’s awareness and self-esteem.
- Providing small class sizes for each child to maximize potential within a robust, forward-thinking academic program.
- Emphasizing organizational skills in the early years to yield long-term benefits for children.
- Sustaining a teacher directed, child-centered, structured and well-balanced curriculum to help children thrive.
- Providing a solid foundation in reading, writing, math, science, foreign languages, technology, and the arts as the basis for successful lifelong learners.
- Capturing emergent learning opportunities in the classroom
- Developing lifelong habits to promote good nutrition and healthy living
- Continuously building our faculty’s skills with comprehensive professional development and the support of outside professionals and consultants.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Tobin School is a non-sectarian program and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national or cultural origin, sexual orientation, family style, political belief, or disability in the administration of its admissions, financial assistance, education or employment practices.
Tobin School Westwood is a member of: